Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Belgian F1 GP

GrandPrix.com > Belgian GP > Race Report Ok, I've seen the Belgian GP and it seems i'm in a minority of 1 thinking that the race was just about as dull as most of the others this year. Maybe I'm just done with F1 and need to find something rewarding to do with my time. Let's look at the facts of this race....

1. For at least the second time this year several peoples races were ruined by tyre failures. These could be attributed to 3 things.

a) A flat refusal to never issue a Red flag. Like I've said before I think it will take someone's death now for that to happen and even then i wonder....
b) A poor clearing up job by the marshalls (but then again who can blame them there's a hulking great "safety" (hahahahahaaaa) "car" circulating.
c) Poor Michelin tyres.

I'll take a combination of a) and b) but who cares really.....

2. 3 safety car periods and more particularly re-starts all of which turned into a silly farce by the tactics of Mr Raikkonen. Yes, it's been done by others before but it's still a joke. The thing that gets me is that on every restart the cars were going through the Bus Stop chicane full tilt - even though there were waived yellows. Discuss.....

3. There were two types of overtaking moves - the ludicrously brave and skilled (Montoya over Michael at the Bus Stop) and the laughably amateur (Monty again sadly assaulting Trulli).

Personally, I didnt find it entertaining there was little genuine dicing for position and almost all of the action was generated through errors and poor officiating. Sorry, but if that's the best F1 has to offer these days then I'm sticking to US racing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home