Tuesday, February 01, 2005

News round up

Having been unwell for the last couple of weeks I've missed a whole bunch of motor racing stories, so here's a good time to catch up

Thomas Enge has signed up at IRL's Panther Racing. Personally, I thought Townsend Bell had done more than well enough to keep his drive next year and can count himself pretty unlucky. In Enge's one or two run-outs last year he didnt look all the quick, but of course his F3000 performance in 2003 remind us he can be very fast on occasion.

Jordan sells up to the Russians. Cant say I blame Eddie really. It doesnt seem to be all that much fun running any F1 team right now let alone one struggling at the back. Good luck to him in his next endeavours....

Paul Stoddart met with Max Mosley apparently to try and thrash out some kind of understanding between the teams and the rulers of the sport. You have to respect Stoddart really - as I recall he was seen as a bit of a joke when he bought Minardi, but he's got the guts to try and compete with the best with no budget at all, and he's going to pull his weight in any negotiations he is in.

Ferrari looking as isolated as they ever have. I've said it here before but my interest in F1 has certainly dipped over the past couple of years. Todt and friends really dont seem interested in the good of the sport and I think the position they are in is very precarious right now. They run the risk of winning a championship that has been more or less designed around them so really why bother anymore??

That's enough for now....I'm sure this year isnt going to be as bad in F1 as I'm fearing but such blind optimism probably wont help us when we get to the first race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home