Wednesday, October 27, 2004

John Peel

BBC - John PeelA genuine legend in music broadcasting has died. I had the news yesterday lunchtime and it really affected me. It brought back memories of many of the times I'd been listening to him when I should have been studying or even those rare occasions when I was working, doing homework or whatever.

He was a man who genuinely was interested in music - far more than than in being a DJ (whatever that actually means) - and you could genuinely believe that he loved most of the music he played, or at the very least it intrigued him.

Yes, he fluffed occasionally or played records at the wrong speed or didnt cue records up - who cares? He let the music come first, and that was really all I ever wanted. His is a great loss to UK broadcasting and to world music in general. RIP John & thanks for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home